(CNN) — A group of Russian wives and mothers have called on President Vladimir Putin to stop sending their husbands and sons to the “slaughterhouse” by forcing them to join raiding parties without proper training or supplies.
In a video shared by Russia’s independent Telegram channel SOTA, the women said their loved ones were “forced to join raiding parties” in early March despite only having trained for four days since being mobilized in September.
The video shows the women holding a sign in Russian that reads “580 Separate Howitzer Artillery Division” dated March 11, 2023.
“My husband.. is in the line of communication with the enemy,” says a woman in the post.
“Our [hombres] Against 100 heavily armed enemies, five at a time, mustered like lambs, are sent to attack the ramparts,” he continued.
“They are ready to serve their country, but not as stormtroopers according to their trained expertise. We request that our men be removed from contact and supply artillery and ammunition to the gunners.”
CNN could not independently verify the claims of the women’s group in the video.
Russia’s decision to send hundreds of thousands of people to fight on the battlefields of Ukraine has been made Disagreements and objections It also led many Russians, especially young people, to flee the country.
“We left Russia because we wanted to live”, previously told CNN He asked not to be named to protect his loved ones. “We are afraid they will send us to Ukraine.”
The families of conscripted Russian men have criticized the mobilization, saying it has been plagued by morale problems and logistical difficulties such as a lack of leadership by middle-ranking officers, lack of training and inadequate uniforms, poor food and shortages of medical supplies. .