Carlos Weber’s children described the fact that the veteran journalist is still alive as a “miracle”. His apartment in Dorado was burned down In the early hours of May 12.
In written reports, Pablo and Sergio Weber Marrero They said his father is still hospitalized in the intensive care unit of the medical center in San Juan. “Thank God, he responds positively to every procedure he is subjected to,” they said.
“He inhaled a lot of toxic fumes when his house caught fire, so his condition is improving day by day. We believe and science confirms that it is a miracle of God that he is alive today. Prayers for his health and all of your support keep us on our feet.”They said.
“We are infinitely grateful for the generosity and support of those who supported us through their prayers, donations and acts of solidarity during this very difficult time for our father Carlos Weber,” they said.
Los Donations to support the journalist financially They are carried out through ATH Móvil at 787-619-3183 (Pablo Weber) and Banco Popular Account at 274-148996.
The Department of Public Safety said the fire was caused by an electrical leak in a refrigerator in the kitchen.
Weber suffered second-degree burns on his face, arms and chest, Fire Department Commissioner Marcos Concepcion Tirado said.