Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our picks on today’s top buzzy stories on Vanguard Newspaper. We prepare it as a quick read for our visitors who also enjoys Vanguard News.
Labour demands nationwide lockdown
Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, yesterday, demanded for nationwide lockdown with exception for providers of essential goods and services, saying “Such large-scale lockdown should be accompanied with appropriate support systems that allow workers who provide essential services to function and in a manner that provides protection and sustenance to them and their families.”
According to NLC, government should consider a national lockdown for a reasonable period of time if the infection escalates, insisting “in line with Section 45 of the constitution which empowers government to limit citizens’ rights in the favour of public safety, we ask citizens to comply fully with government directives on public orders on COVID-19.”
Nigeria records 5 new cases of coronavirus
Nigeria Center for Disease Control has announced an additional five new cases of coronavirus in Nigeria.
“Five new cases of #COVID19 have been confirmed in Nigeria: 2 in FCT, 2 in Lagos & 1 in Rivers. 3 are returning travellers into Nigeria & 2 are close contacts of a confirmed case. As at 11:25 pm 25th March, there are 51 confirmed cases, 2 discharged and 1 death.” according to NCDC official twitter handle.
Covid-19: Fayemi self isolates, says no cause for alarm
The Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi has said there was no cause for alarm over his decision to self-isolate over the Coronavirus disease.
Fayemi assured the people of the state of his well-being, saying his action was just a precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the disease.
We will unmask those behind Kalu’s ordeal — Yerima Shettima
President of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum Alhaji Shettima Yerima, yesterday, disclosed they will unmask the conspirators who made sure a former Governor of Abia State, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu was convicted.
Speaking with newsmen at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja on Wednesday, the youth leader said the former Governor’s ordeal is more of political than the fight against corruption. He revealed it’s about 2023 elections adding that Nigerian youths are watching as events unfold
COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu orders eateries to only serve food in takeaway packages
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu directed all markets and stores trading in non-essential commodities to close for seven days. The directive takes effect from Thursday, March 26.
The directives, the Governor said, did not affect pharmacy shops and all markets where foodstuffs are traded.
Eateries and restaurants must not accept eat-in customers; they are to serve food in takeaway packages, the Governor said.
Mr. Joseph Simeon is an Editor/Content Creator at Naija Buzz News. He is an experienced content creator. He currently leads a small group of talented writers at Naija Buzz News. He previously served as the Relationship Editor at 1Push.Ng. He studied Public Administration at the Federal Polytechnic Idah, Kogi State, before proceeding to Kaduna Polytechnic Kaduna for his Advance Studies in Public Administration. Simeon loves and enjoys playing football.