Nigerian Newspapers

Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Review (Monday, 16 September, 2019)

nigerian newspapers headlines review

Good Morning Nigeria! Here’s our picks on today’s top stories cross major Nigerian Newspapers. Enjoy!

Governor Fayemi directs police to produce operatives who killed university students

Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State has ordered the Ekiti State Police Commission to produce the policemen responsible for the killing of two students of the Federal University of Oye-Ekiti last week Tuesday during a protest.

The Governor who spoke in a broadcast on Sunday said he had instructed the police to “urgently commence an investigation into the circumstances that led to the unfortunate shooting incident with a view to identifying possible culprits within and outside the Force.”

Sowore asks court to grant him bail

Omoyele Sowore, the convener of the #RevolutionNow protest, who was arrested and incarcerated since August 2 by the Department of State Services (DSS), has filed a new application for bail before the Federal High Court in Abuja.

Sowore in his new bail application alleged that the DSS had completed its investigations, adding that Section 28 (4) of the Terrorism Prevention (Amendment) Act, 2013, a person detained pursuant to Section 27 (1) can be admitted to bail.

His counsel told the court in the affidavit that Sowore had responsible persons who could stand as sureties for him, adding that no criminal charges had been previously brought against him.

$9.6billion judgement: Malami says Nigeria’s best option is to negotiate with P&ID

Abubakar Malami (SAN), the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, has revealed that the best option the Federal Government of Nigeria has is to negotiate with Process and Industrial Developments Limited, the United Kingdom firm authorized by a UK court to seize $9.6billion in Nigerian assets.

“The only option open was to consider the possibility of negotiating, which was what informed our decision to consider the possibility of negotiation,” he told journalists in Abuja on Sunday.

Air Peace says aircraft is on standby waiting to bring back Nigerians from South Africa

Allen Onyema, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Air Peace, has said that the airline was on standby and ready to bring back all Nigerians who are willing to return from South Africa.

“Air Peace will bring back to our country all those Nigerians who are willing to return and we will continue to bring them back until the last evacuee is taken out of South Africa,” Air Peace Chairman says.

Nigeria set to evacuate 319 from South Africa on Tuesday

The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to evacuate about 319 Nigerians from South Africa on Tuesday.

The delay in the evacuation is due to new immigration rules imposed by the SA government. The South African authorities are doing everything possible to frustrate the return of Nigerians from their country.

Naija Buzz News reported how in a bid to prevent Nigerians from leaving their country, they cancelled peoples visas and imposed a 10 year ban on any Nigerian insisting on leaving. The rules made many people back out because they have all their investments in the country.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

 

Buzzy Stories

To Top